Saturday, June 03, 2023

Saturday, June 3, 2023

Paul seems to be feeling better. 

Yesterday we went to the opening of the Farmers' Market at Jay Bird Park.  I walked around some, bought 2 boules from Duck Trails Farms (Catherine T); one for Sher.  She shared blackberries and has some hot slaw she will divide.  It's what Geniece uses on her slaw dogs at Front Street Snack Bar.  We'd had pretty big lunches so we ate sandwiches (he) and cereal (me) for supper.  I read my book club book "Eleanor Oliphant," and am almost done with it. Oh, he sat in the truck while I walked around, but he got out and that's a good thing. 

This little guy was the cutest!  But he was being returned to his breeder because the new owner said he would not/could not be house trained..  His ears were like feathers.  



  
This morning "we" spread some "dirt" near the back of the carport where rain has washed dips and low places.  It's too hot even this early in summer (and not even summer yet) for me to be out.  If I do anything it'll have to be when there's no humidity (when might that be?). I need to trim those poor roses and see if I can make them look any better.  They are putting out new green from their terrible episode with the "soft wash" house washing.  They got washed, too.  and parts of all of them are dead.  

Walter Medley will paint the deck in a week or so.  Prime with color, then second coat.  Roycroft Pewter, Sherwin Williams.  It's going to cost a lot - a little over 2k - but otherwise it will just keep running down and looking shabby.  The wood is treated, and my mistake - I wanted it stained.  I wish I'd never done anything to it.  (Saw a friend's deck recently that has been let go naturally, and it will soon begin to rot, I think.)

Studied my Sunday School lesson - new book - Jeremiah and Lamentations.  Will get into the Bible study lesson later.  Going to sort through a ton of pictures I got from Shutterfly of my girls, "we 4," a few of Sher's DC trip I'd saved (her friend Sheila).  Now I need to go lie down a while and stretch out my poor aching back and neck.




No comments: