Tuesday, June 07, 2022

THINGS GO ALONG

 Paul has managed to be outdoors a LOT and I'm very thankful.  His balance is not so good - he still uses the walker in the house and the rollater to get to the garage.  But it's so much better than it was, and I thank God for that.  It has helped that he's been on the riding mower.  It gets him where he wants to go and he can get on and off it nearby and do a lot in the yard.  Today he spread dirt on the notorious bare spot in the yard, sowed grass seeds and drove over it several time with the mower to pack it down.

We were supposed to go to Amish country this morning early, but rain was forecast so we postponed it.  No rain and no new date set.  But I felt so bad all day, I don't know if I would've made it.

I tried to organize in here - computer room, craft room - and there is just so much.  I know I'd rather collect the tools and gadgets than "do art."  But when I do time passes and it's good therapy.  A couple of Advil and a glass of iced tea helped today.  I shouldn't have either, but there you go.  Sit like a toad or put something in my tank to get me through some kind of fun.

I haven't done pictures in a long time.  For one thing I haven't felt like doing ANY of this.  And it used to be so easy.  Now I have about 16,000 pictures on my camera - a lot of them are book screen shots (to remember to read - right). Some are recipes; some are saved from facebook and from Amy.

The "girls" did go see Downton Abbey in Corinth/Malco.  Sher, Char, Bren and me.  Then Sher, Char and I went to the Iuka Drive-In to see Top Gun.  The sound comes through a radio station (98.9) and I could at least adjust the volume.  When it wasn't too late, because those jets are fast and the scenes change so quickly.

I tried downloading over 10,000 pictures, but something happened each time.  Nevertheless, I did get some of our "porch sittin'" we did at Bren's Sunday. But I can't find them now.  Well, it's different now and it's a shame.  I can see on my phone but it's not easy to put pictures with stories on here.  I've been "away" too long.



No comments: