Wednesday, April 27, 2022

Wednesday, April 27, 2022

What is it I'm hearing here?  Paul has been on the phone for almost an hour with ML trying to get logged in and he and the rep are not communicating.  But this is the third time today I know that he's been on phone with them to try to get logged in.  Once I jumped in and got it working, but I'll be dang if I'm gonna jump in without him asking me.  He's been a bear and I sort of understand, but that's no excuse for him being terse, hateful, and unappreciative.  (I feel sorry for the rep.  For P, too...)  I just don't know how to help.  We set it up with face recognition log in and even that doesn't work for him.  Maybe it's the app?  Maybe it's something ML is doing/not doing?  

I saw Vicki today and asked her about Evenity.  She has a few patients on it and all have been okay.  My biggest concern was the warning about possible heart attacks and strokes.  Percentages are very low.  Still.  Infusion center told me Medicare and State Farm would cover the cost of it, as opposed to me having $600+ out of pocket for the Tymlos.  Evenity:  No cost, 12 injections (one a month), monthly trip to Tupelo.  Tymlos:  self injection once a day for 18 months.  Both probably transition to Prolia which is 1 shot every 6 months.  Will talk to Barbara P (NP I see for the osteo) again; also dentist, also Dr. Stone, cardiologist.  I'm thankful there are meds to help; it takes commitment on my part.  They can't be stopped because risk of fracture is even higher.

Our tempers all flared this evening.  Things were said that should not have been said.  Amy's feelings were hurt.  We are both feeling unappreciated. It'd be nice to hear.  A soft word, a hug.  A "thank you" that is not obligatory.  

I opted to get help with my depression, whatever it is that the last three years has so horrendously laid upon my soul.  I wish he would.  I know better.  He's always right.

Is this a trial by fire?  A trial of our faith?  I sure don't feel as if I have much, but I suppose every little bit helps.  I blow up then I am sorry.  Every time.  And  I ask God, "Why?"  And there is no answer except, "I Am."  And that should be enough and I don't understand Him or His plan.  I don't know what His plan is.  Should I?  Should I by now?  

Paul hurts, he's tired.  It's seems unlikely he will be strong again and it hurts me so to see him this way.  I just wish he were softer.  He really has never been what I'd call tender, but he seems to have withdrawn and hardened because of all that's happened to him.  I would have too.  I have done it.  It's a horrible pit to be in.  I am trying to slowly climb my way out.  Here I am 74 and no smarter than I was at 24.

I hear him telling the rep he was very helpful so please, Lord, let it work now.  




No comments: