Monday, April 18, 2022

Monday, April 18, 2022

Just when I thought...

Reading last year's blog, as it were - short and grievous and thankful by turns or simultaneously.  

After May of last year this happened:

Paul had a prostate biopsy, blood clots in his bladder and was in the hospital in Tupelo for several days.

Amy got sick and was finally (weeks later) diagnosed with meningitis.  

About this time, Paul had a stroke.

His platelets have been unstable for months.

I hurt my back - 3 compression fractures.  DEXA scan showed osteoporosis.  Extreme pain for months.

Trying to take care of everyone including myself.

Seeing Amanda H.  Seroquel.  Increasing my neurontin because of legs swelling from being sedentary b/c of pain, nerve pain, restless legs.  Neurontin now 3 x a day instead of once.

My hair coming out.  

Anger!!

Today was intake at Timber Hills.  Sher went with me.  I like the counselor - Laycie.  She also does Christian counseling.  It helps to SAY things that have been haunting me for weeks and months - anger at God, depression, loss, helplessness, grief. there are ways to turn your anger into something creative.  (IE - the lady who breaks plates and uses the pieces in her mosaic art).  Some of my anger and cursing can be from medication.  I've wondered about that. Sadness.  Trying to and cant fix things, and accepting I can't fix things.  

Sher can go with me any time I need her to.  Medicare and State Farm are accepted.  I'm so glad I went.  There is a rope and I've managed to catch onto it.  God, help me hold on.




No comments: