Monday, May 17, 2021

Monday, May 17, 2021

 

May 13, 2021

 Today we took Thelma to get her annual check up and shots.  (We couldn’t catch Lucy.)  We got in a room pretty quickly and Jenni came in right away.  Thelma needs her teeth cleaned.  She weighs almost nine pounds.  She has a good coat, clean ears (no mites).  

 Paul took Thelma to the truck (in her cage). I was alright until checkout.  I got Thelma’s dental appointment made, Lucy’s check-up made.  Michelle waited on me and had a call to take and while I was waiting for my receipt, there was the computer mouse pad on the counter.  It’s been there all along and is just there for a good pad to write on.  It has a shih tzu on it. 

 By the time I got to the truck the tears were coming.  By the time we got home I was in full blown crying mode and stayed outside till I could stop.  I had space to cry.

 I could see Oscar coming down the hall after grooming.  So happy and bouncy and knowing he looked good.  Oscar on the weigh table.  Oscar there for surgeries and check ups.  Oscar there for his monthly shot.  Oscar. 

 Recently Amy texted me that she feels the best part of her life is over since Dexter died.  I first started to admonish her. But I understand.  I realize it is the end of an era of your life.  There will never be another Oscar or Dexter. 

 Grief is grief.  I’m sure it isn’t only grief for people, but for pets, times of life, ends of eras, things that will never be the same way again. 

                                  GRIEF:      to be in pain, be sore, have pain, be sorrowful

                                   But though he cause grief, yet will he have compassion

                                    according to the multitude of his mercies.  Lamentations 3:32

 Surely Jesus knows grief about pets.  Dogs had no value in His days on earth, but surely He cared for them because He made them!  Maybe there was one that stayed around the carpenter’s shop.  Maybe one followed Him and His disciples.  Maybe one was at the foot of the cross when its Master was there saving humankind.  He knows the times and seasons of our lives.  He knows every creature.  He knows our love for them and our care of them.  (Woe to those who mistreat!)  He knows the memories they invoke.  He knows their companionship to us.  He knows they bring us comfort.  Surely.

PS Since writing this Amy isn't sure if she's going to keep Noah.  I met him once when she was home Mother's Day and fell in love with him - little white chihuahua.  Another grief.  She may  not be ready and I understand that.  But it's like losing another dog.  And we can't have him.  I would, but Paul wouldn't.  

                                                 

No comments: