Monday, December 09, 2019

JUST ABOUT DONE... I THINK

I bought the last two money gift card holders today, did shopping for Angel Tree child (boy), got gas in the blowing wind, returned the movie (The Art of Racing in the Rain) to the library.  Maybe? I can slow down a bit, though I think I did okay - had two bad days from overdoing. 

Oscar was 15 yesterday and got many birthday wishes and "likes" on FB  Sher has done her part on the Sparks model gingerbread house.  Charlotte, Sher and I watched the above movie yesterday afternoon.  It was sad, but "wise." Also Love Story with a Dog.

At 5:00 I'm meeting Brenda I at Farm House so we can go do our Christmas Under the Stars.  The Welches onWhitehouse Road.  Hope I can get a decent picture.  

Just ready to sit back, watch Hallmark Christmas movies roll off the reels, same story, same decor, same boy/girl situation.  Sometimes a dog.  Most often a child.  Christmas pageant or some conflict they have to resolve.  It's pretty mindless but now that's what I need.

Paul talked to Dr. Montgomery's office this morning.  They did not actually tell him the results of last week's blood test (platelets), but want him to have another one Wednesday and see Dr. M on the 17th.  

His hair is growing back and the side that wants to grow sideways is growing sideways.  I have to trim it and get him to put mousse on it.  Something.  "I don't tell you how to cut your hair," he said.  "Well, we're not having shagging over the ears," I told him back.  

In church yesterday there were two songs that made me cry and I can't recall the name of either of them.  One was about letting your candle glow; the other about loving the people God sends you.  They won't always be there.  I need to watch Lampoon's Christmas Vacation; Planes, Trains and Automobiles; Christmas Story; White Christmas; Home Alone.  Anything funny.  And I need to make doll quilts if I'm going to for Shiloh (12/15) and Addilyn (12/28).  

Our tree.  I wrote on FB that it is so old it's losing its needles.  Amy said "It has become a Real Tree, like the Velveteen Rabbit.  Some lights are out.  I ordered some from Amazon; should have gotten 2 strands. If I need another, they should be here fast.  I ordered the one strand Saturday and they're supposed to be here today.

Happy Birthday, Oscar!!  #15 - You are a good little boy.  

SS class breakfast in the fellowship hall.  L-R: Emily, Linda, Charlotte (seated), Caffie, Beverly, Becky, Kay (hidden), Jackie, Nancy.

Sher hard at work at JC's desk working on gingerbread house assembly.  She really did work hard on this.  Lots of hours and imagination.

Our newest family member, Wendell.  Jen said he wasn't real impressed with Santa.

What I got for my Angel Tree boy ($100).  I thought I did well.  It's everything that was on his list, plus a pair of gloves.

No comments: