Friday, January 18, 2019

AND IT'S MID-JANUARY

I guess I've been fairly busy; the weather hasn't been agreeable most days, but there's been some sun.  

Family was here for Sher's retirement/welcome home get-together January 6.  Amy couldn't come, nor Morgan and family.  Jordan came for a short visit and ate before everyone got there, but stayed to greet most before leaving.  It was a nice little party - I made hamburgers, hot dogs; Marsha made potato salad; chips, soft drinks.  Even a little champagne to celebrate.  

Not everyone has a Brigadier General sign their "going away" photo of the Pentagon.  She worked really hard and took many "red pills" to achieve what she did.  I'm very proud of her.










Tuesday - a sweet addition.

Steve's friend Ramona.

Sher and I went to Needle Chasers on Monday; I paid my membership dues for this year.  Sher was going to "wait and see." There are other groups she had wanted to check out. 

I finally did some de-cluttering in the "office," going through old unused greeting cards (some at least 10 years old), and donated them to the elementary school for a pen pal project.  Old fabric strips and a couple of larger pieces will go to the quilt guilid.  Charlotte and I went to Corinth the next day and I go a new Fossil purse and a sweater on sale.  Together they were $88.00 something and I had a $50 gift card.  So that was a bargain.  It had been a $200 purse!  We stopped at Sher's to see what all she'd done to the house.  Making progress, not as many boxes and being creative with storage space, really only one usable closet.  The stair-closet (to the attic) which is about the size of a Kleenex box.  But she'll have some way to use it.  

Paul went for his routine cardio check-up and it was good.  He goes to Tupelo.  I didn't go this time; he said no need.  Last time I went and sat at the urologist's office my back was killing me.  This same day was the club meeting and I filled in for Vicki.  

The 11th I went for lunch at Sher's.  I don't remember which day she told me she had taken a job!!  Just retired and now going back to work.  So there goes my art lessons, my trip to Florida...  Anyway, she's going to work as receptionist for Sparks.  Will be really busy during tax season.  Heath said she's way over-qualified, but I think if she can handle government budget work, she can handle answering the phone and scheduling their appointments.  The next day (Saturday) she left for Melanie's and their time together; a mini-vacation and trip to PC to check on her house.  

I don't sleep well, and Sunday of last week I stayed home and slept till after 10:00.  I ordered a Lucid gel foam mattress pad (4") which is airing out and fluffing up in the garage.  Probably can't get the top sheet over it.  It's a twin, though. Paul said he didn't want any other surface - that foam gel tends to make you hot.  This one sounded as if it won't be so bad.  Had good ratings.  The last 2-3 nights I've slept better.  Last night we went to Car Club and ate supper; sitting on the hard chair didn't help, but eventually my back and legs settled down.  

My old JVD CD player quit on me.  One minute it played and the next it wouldn't  There are 6 slots, and they would change, but none of them would play.  I hope it's that little laser eye.  Paul and I took it to a vintage repairman Wednesday.  He had tons of old turntables and old stereo systems - a hobby of his since he was a teenager.  He lives out of Rienzi, which is to say in the way out country, but about 8 miles from Corinth and we returned that way since the road wasn't so curvy.  

I made This Is Us albums for all 4 of us - our group pictures - as many as I could find - from the one in 1960 (me, Mike, Sher and Mickey the goat - in the house) to the one in 2019 - at Sher's party on the 6th.  I thought I'd put a lot of them together in one album but couldn't fine it, so I searched through pictures on the PC and found most.  There were 2 or 3 years we missed, but not many.  They really began around 2002.  The previous years were most of the time Sher was living overseas, so I think around 2002 is when we started.  




This actually looks a lot better than it did.  I have walking space now and can open the door of the cabinet!

Paul has gone to get the oil changed in my truck, go to the bank and dump the old blinds I took off from Sher's.  I think we'll eat at Cracker Barrell tonight  - I need a veggie plate really bad.

Oh, and I ordered this puzzle today.  Odd thing is, Sher and I both got the subscription email and I just loved it.  She forwarded it to me.  Great minds think alike.  It's "only" 750 pieces. This reminds me of one I had in high school, though this one is older.  Should be fun.  Now that the dining table is cleared off I can mess it up again with this.
Vintage Typewriter 750-piece Shaped Puzzle

No comments: