Saturday, November 24, 2018

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

A little "recovery day..."  

We had TG dinner at Jenni and Billy's and food galore, good visiting, beautiful weather.  Sher was here and she ate dinner with us there, then went to Mike's to see the great nephews/nieces before they all scattered.

Uncle Paul, Shiloh and Cameo.

Getting ready for the family portrait.

The best of two - the first one I couldn't get to my place before the timer went off.  

Amy and Dexter.



I made fresh whole cranberry sauce.

And a chess pie for Sher.  I made a chocolate pie, probably first one I've ever made and it wasn't a favorite.  Was too rich.

Jenni and Amy.

Jenni, Amy, Paul, Matt, Jessica (our newest doctor) with very sharp knife!

Matt, Jess and Jae.

Jenni, Paul.

Carol, Tommy, Sher.

David, Sandra, Billy.  So glad David got to be there this year.  Last year his immune system was very low and he'd had a cold to boot.  He's done very well but I can tell he's slowed down so much.  He comes to our house to visit about once a month.


And the "show girls."

This probably isn't the "daughter," since it's a different color.

Tuesday getting into her birthday bag of 120 crayons and coloring books, with help from brother Xander.

I'm recovering (somewhat) from a pulled rib, side, something.  Sore, touchy, hurts.  Much better today.  I slept wonderfully last night, which is very unusual for me.  So many small things to be thankful for.

Amy has gone to see Carol's dog Eva (Pom); and take Corey some paintbrushes and canvases, for his painting Dexter for her.  He's 9, I think.

Sher has worked at Glen Cottage these last two days, got a lot of mold cleaned off things.  Did a lot of laundry here last night.  Sheets, curtains.  Only 5 more weeks till she'll BE HERE!  It seems unreal; I'm so glad I'll have someone to "play" with - I'll be her art student.  She'll be my quilting student.  We both like Farmers Wife.

Brenda's Jim got tackled by a 4X4 the day before Thanksgiving.  The throttle had been sticking, he was working on it, and it got unstuck and dragged him around in circles several times.  Bren called ambulance after she helped him up and immediately he passed out.  He's home, has to use a walker, pulled hamstring, sore, banged up pretty bad but nothing broken.

Next week  I hope to start, which Charlotte, a book study, likely Battlefield of the Mind by Joyce Myers. I have an internal dialog going that's not very positive at times.  I can be not a nice person.  But God is working on me yet.

No comments: