Sunday, September 09, 2018

ROID RAGE

The thing for chiggers is steroids, or not. (I probably got into a nest and about 100 attached themselves to me!) I had 5 days of that med and then the chiggers/seed ticks/whatever else creature it was set in again with a vengance.  Not only during those 5-6 days (it took about a day to wear off after the 5 doses), did it help with the itching, but I got so much done and felt like I did ten years ago! I miss that person!  I had decided to talk to the doctor about a low dose for my fibro.  The terrifying itch of those little red bumps and the lack of energy and not having/being "that other person" who felt like she did at 60, all crashed around me today.  I went to Sunday School and sat there.  I didn't go to church but sat in the parking lot talking to my sister, crying, wanting to know why I have this allergic/sensitive/touchy/achey body.  For 45 minutes she comforted me while I cried, ranted and generally felt like the underbelly of a snake.  

Then it was nearly time for church to be over and everyone come to their cars.  I didn't want them to ask what was wrong, or see me just sitting there; I didn't want to see anyone.  I didn't like God and I sure didn't want "His people" consoling me.  Then she suggested I get myself a treat.  So I went to McD's and got a plain sundae and ate it on the way home.  I apologized to Paul, told him why I had a meltdown (and he stayed home), and started the roast.  Maybe all these irritations and negative feelings had festered and run their course because this afternoon, after dinner, I've felt better.  Calmer.  And the bites seem to have calmed down. And I'm sorry, God.  I have been a heathen for several days.  Not that I'm not anyway, but Yours is the only saving grace.  The Balm of Gilead.  The oil that protects the sheep's head.  Silly sheep. 

Meditate, Sher said.  "Think of the beach."  But when I do, I think, I'll probably never see it again......  Pray..... I don't know - the devil hasn't liked how I've felt - even told Char last week somehow I felt closer to God.  Devil sure doesn't like that.  I wasn't being prideful, so I don't think it's "pride goes before a fall."  It just all happened at the same time.

In better news.  We went to Xander's first birthday yesterday at Heather/Ben/Mike/Marsha's.  Just family there - Heather's parents, Marsha's sisters and mother, me, Paul - and it was nice.  Ben did a good job with the hamburgers and hot dogs.  Xander is a little cutie and has just started walking (isn't that amazing, how we get up on our feel and walk at a year old or so?).  

Birthday pictures, his quilt I made, Sher's cushion (cover) I made for her birthday.  (She has officially turned in SIGNED retirement papers!  She'll be here - HERE - first of the year.  Only 14 miles away.  


Sher's quilt.  Sunflowers for August (her birthday month); blue and white, her favorite colors.

Xander's quilt. About 50" square.  Theresa at Treasure Chest, Corinth, quilted and bound.


I chose the color thread for quilting.  Should have been darker to show up.  ABC-123



Birthday Boy! Those blue eyes!

His older sister Tuesday (4).


Big brother Tyler helping sister Addilyn on the slip and slide.  She didn't have the momentum.  Sweet of him.
 The "Mush Cake."

After his shower and hair wash on a new toy.  Happy smiles!

It rained today and Fall is coming, feel the coolness, the trees beginning to lose leaves, getting dark earlier already, more covers at night.  

No comments: