Thursday, September 20, 2018

PASS YOURSELF

Charlotte and I use this phrase to caution one another.  It was supposed to be written "Pace Yourself" and auto-correct used this instead.

Leah was here Tuesday and she got the rest of the windows cleaned inside, as well as the blinds, and under the beds.  I finished washing the sheers and of course, put them up after she'd gone.  I overdo even when she comes and after the deep cleaning and she knows how I like things done, I will "pass myself."  

Yesterday I paid dearly for all my 50-year-old mind/70-year-old body accomplished.  I hurt all over, had no energy, finally went back to bed about 1:00 and slept for a couple of hours.  The mantle of fatigue, soreness and yes, depression, just settled around me and it changes who I am.  I hate it. By bedtime I had recovered somewhat and Paul and I watched a few episodes of Let's Go RVing.  But  today I'm better. I slept better.   So I'm ready for this day.  Paul will drive - I truly don't know how I'd manage without him.  He does so much for me and sometimes I feel like the worst wife ever.  

I have an eye appointment (all the tests, dilation) at 1:30.  My quilt is ready to pick up at Teresa's.  (Clam Shell top I bought at estate sale.)  And I'm going to try a new embellishment technique with crystals - Patti had them on some of her show quilts.  Not that mine are "show" by any means, but they just added a little sparkle.  I'll use on my wall hangings. 

I've been using some essential oils for various things - sleep, cleaning agent... So many uses.  I got some Frankincense (Charlotte ordered from Young Living for me), and I've used it 3 nights. (It smells terrible.) The second night I know I could tell when it began to be absorbed - I felt so relaxed.  But that's the night I didn't sleep well, so maybe too much and once it wears off it's a sudden wakefulness...  I was skeptical of essential oils the first demonstration I went to, but I see how the natural oils can be so beneficial.  Another favorite of mine is lavender. 

David and Sandra are in Houston for his 3-month check-up.  So far he's gotten really good reports.  They're going on a Caribbean cruise soon - I was glad to hear that.  I hear of so many people going places and they have health issues, too.  What am I afraid of?  I really want to go to Gulf Shores or along the coast this fall (October).  I'm sure Carol could feed and water the cats.  Of course, Oscar would go with us.  It's been a long time since he's fell the sand between his toes, too.  We should just go.



No comments: