Saturday, September 22, 2018

GENTLE RAIN

We've needed a good rain for some time; it just started about 30 minutes ago.  Hoping it lasts through the night.  Fall is soon behind.  The 90 degree temps pulled us out of the pseudo-Fall climate but it's really coming soon.

Charlotte had her wonderful chicken salad last night, and a cherry/cool whip/sour cream dessert and invited me to eat with her.  Paul was going to eat with some men from Wynne who were here for a Bass Fishing Tournament at Coleman State Park.  She and I looked at one of her family albums, her parents' 50th wedding anniversary.  Beautiful album and memories.  Lots of laughter and some tears.  

Wednesday when I went for my eye check up, I stopped at Treasure Chest and got our quilts.  Turned out beautiful as always - prefessional work by Teresa and her helper Terry, who does the binding.  The Clam Shell I got at Helen McNutt's estate sale ($25), and her Maple leaf her mother did many years ago (brown and yellow), turned out so pretty.

I started reading a book which I'm sure is a good one, but slow-moving, so I decided to read some classics (as if they aren't slow-moving) - Pride and Prejudice - and it's really pretty funny.  On my Kindle it says 41 hours to read!  Gasp!  

I also finally "discovered" that I have Prime Video with my Amazon Prime and can watch movies and TV shows free if in the Prime category.  Just never bothered to look into it before.

Oh, that rain sounds so good!

This one is hand-pieced.  Amazing work and persistence.  I'd always wanted to make one; now it's made for me!  I like that the quilting resembles waves to enhance the clams.


 Charlotte's mother Earline Whitfield made this top.  Beautifully quilted, also.


No comments: