Saturday, January 06, 2018

THREE-DOG COLD!

A week of sustained single-digit temperatures.  Highest has been maybe 39 or so.  Mr. C. used to call this kind of weather "3-dog cold," meaning it would take 3 dogs huddled to keep warm.

Besides trying to doctor varying degrees of cold and sinus infection, what I've been working on---


From Farmer's Wife book


From Mishka's Playground. Have had this pattern a while. Sher and I worked on hers before she left.  She chose the plaids from my stash, and arranged the placements.  Turned out really nice.  Old shirt factory scraps, from 1970's at least.

Though you wouldn't know it from how it looked on the back.  This is with the freezer paper foundation still attached.  It all straightened out.

My next block is "Mother," from FW.  None of these 6" (finished) blocks is "easy," but a challenge and I get to play with fabric, color, colored pencils, scissors, sewing machine, and a nice little block to add to my notebook.  Maybe one day I'll have enough of them for at least a lap quilt.  I just like the intricacy - like a puzzle, too.

No comments: