Monday, January 01, 2018

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

It's "three-dog cold," as Mr. C. used to say. 12* this morning, with a high of 23.

I'm working on a Farmer's Wife quilt block and something's wrong with it. I see some ripping out or starting over.  Once I get the prep work done, I can hardly wait to finish a block. I paper piece, so the prep takes longer.  I think the templates for this one were lacking a couple.

Paul has gone to the grocery store. I thought we might go to Rosie's or Rigatoni's this afternoon, but it's just too cold to get out.  The kitties are on Amy's bed (amazingly Paul "told" Thelma, when she turned up this morning, to get on the bed!), and will be there till we put them out tonight. Paul has the heat on in the garage, so they're not lacking for a warm place to sleep. Plenty of food and water.

I've been putting Lucy's food in the bathtub so Oscar can't beat her to it, but she didn't eat it this morning.  I heard him barking from the bathroom and he wanted her food! I let him have it one day, but he doesn't need it.  I finally had to put it back in the can so he'd stop.

Old calendar cleaned out and new one turned to January this morning. Hardly seems possible 2017 went so fast. I'm still surprised how fast the years go by now. And this is my 70th birthday year! How did that happen!  Of course, I'm glad it did. The girl inside can't get used to sharing space with that old woman!

This chicken ain't right...

No comments: