Thursday, January 18, 2018

MORE THREE-DOG

Last Friday's snow melted.. I still didn't get out for church. My sinuses have been bone dry/full of gunk and I'm so trying to avoid antibiotics.  Monday I kept an eye checkup appointment in Corinth (good pressure - 12 in both eyes) and stopped at Treasure Chest for visit with Theresa and pick up "some" solid fat quarters.  West alone as Paul had had some dizziness - vertigo or sinus. Tuesday we had more snow and deeper than Friday's. We've been iced/snowed/colded in all week; it's melting now.  I'm ready for warm weather, but have to say it's been nice to be confined. Many's the day I had to go to work on it regardless - ice, snow, no power (slept at City Hall).  So Paul got out for a bit this morning and it was nice to have the house by myself for a little while.

It's been really too cold to get in the sewing room. If I have the space heater on it dries out the air so much. It's chilly without it, my two rooms being on the NW and SW end of the house.

So I've piddled. Watched some Netflix (The Crown - very good.)

Monday (15th) Teri has been gone 12 years.

Corner of the lower yard. Oscar got disoriented once on potty break and went on the outside of the fence. He came to the gate at the bottom of the yard to be let in. He thought he was inside at the carport gate!  Loved running in the snow, but I could just see him taking off in the woods, getting lost!  Now we go out with the leash even in daytime until the snow blanket is gone and he can tell where he is.

This crow (and a buddy) in the dogwood tree near the house.  He appeared to be eating the tree bark.  We didn't have any bird seed.  Nearest the house I believe I've seen crows.

I guess I "edited" (marked up) Oscar's pic - didn't realize it until I posted this.

This cat.  But Lucy is even lazier. Lucy comes in in the morning and stays on Amy's bed till we put her out at night. (They go to the heated garage! Has food and water.)  Lucy is very maternal and loving; Lucy is a crybaby.

She got tangled up in the thread off the thread stand.

"Why aren't you sewing?  Why is this covered up?"

"Whose woods these are I think I know..."  (Frost)
Go see if I can sort out (once again) my fabric.  I pulled all the colors needed for On Ringo Lake (Bonnie Hunter mystery quilt), and of course didn't make it.  Now they're all in there in a laundry basket and I can't get to anything in the closet.  Have two sets of fabrics pulled for two Farmer's Wife blocks. Waiting on some tiny cherry dotted on black background (as if I couldn't have used what I have...)  Using Mary Engelbreit print from 1990's. Actually ordered 2 yards of the from Etsy seller.  One of my all-time favorite fabrics.  


Planning to put this in a the center of a block called "Alice." Only 53 pieces in a 6' block.


No comments: