Saturday, February 10, 2018

KEEPING BUSY

It has warmed up considerably, and I've been in the sewing room quite a bit. It's slow going on the 6" blocks, but I enjoy making them - the whole process - choosing the blocks (trying to stay with the FB group doing alphabetically), choosing the fabrics, cutting the pieces, putting the puzzle together (lots of ripping out), the final pressing and recording in the block book the dates started and finished.  They end up in a notebook for now.  I think I have 16 usable ones so far.

Here's what I've done since the disastrous "Mother":



Just love this one. I may have posted this one before.  Anyway, it's a favorite.  Not as difficult as Mother. This one isn't in the FW book, but it's the right size and I loved it at first sight.

I did this one twice because I sewed ON the seam allowance lines and I usually cut them off when I paper piece. Learning process.

The points on Addie are the best I've done I think. I used freezer paper like always (it keeps the fabric in place), but instead of pre-perforating the sewing lines, I sewed ON the sewing lines (without folding the piece "over" the seam line.  

I've developed a UTI.  I had one last year I thought I'd die from. Maybe I caught this one in time it won't be so bad. Back hurts some, second day and not as much as yesterday. Dr. Robertson yesterday and have RX (taking) for it - Cefdinir.

We ate at Pizza Grocery last night in Corinth. Really nice Italian place.  I had 4 cheese something and it was good but I liked Paul's chicken alfredo better.  I like to try new things, but think I'll get his standby next time.

Started raining this morning about 6; let the kitties in. Lucy went right to "bed," Thelma needed lap time. Paul went to Jack's; T and I had snooze time.  Lucy pulled a claw way back this week and had to have a bit of surgery.  She has stitches. Thelma will have nothing to do with her.  Jenni said that was normal - they know when something's not right - their odor or something.  They were on the same bed yesterday, but not cuddling and grooming as usual.

I had prayed about giving one or some of my American Girl dolls homes, and Charlotte and I fell into a conversation about dolls this week (went to Corinth), and I said, Prayer answered.  The blond with the dowdy pink dress (came that way) - I'm going to make her a beautiful outfit and give her to Char.  She was thrilled.  It was difficult first time I looked at her and thought, oh, I'm breaking up my triplets, but it's okay now.  Happy she will make my friend happy.

No comments: