Tuesday, September 09, 2014


Paul bought a new truck the end of August and he hasn't had much drive time. The week after he got it, he got sick. (He is much better, BTW - we go tomorrow for him to get the cathether out.) This color is called "Sunset." I bought the tag for it and the clerk asked me to color and when I told her she said they don't have that in their systerm - only basic colors. So I said, "Red." It's different colors in different lights. Sometimes it can be brown, sometimes, maroon, sometimes almost orange.

Meanwhile, I struggle with this. I've watched a Youtube video a dozen times to figure out the posts and sashing. I got carried away with the inside sashing and have to remove some if it or it would be twice as wide (black strips) as is shown. After taking out and sewing in the right way, joining the blocks and rows, and seeing if posts would look alright with some kind of decorative stitch in the 2" blocks, I have to put on the border (same color as the rose). Teresa at Treasure Chest in Corinth will quilt it for me. She helped choose the back which is a light grass green floral design, same as the leaves and stems in the large blocks. And bind it for me. This turned out to be a lot more work than I expected, but I've learned a lot by doing it this way. If I ever want to sash one again maybe I'll remember how. Did I say I'm calling it Midnight in the Garden?

I brought our laptop to this room, as it isn't used a lot. Paul uses the iPad and I use the desktop or iPhone. So I have it set up next to the sewing machine to look up how to's on Youtube.

I didn't sleep well last night. By 11:30 I could tell it wasn't going to be a good night. Sometimes I think it is the cpap smothering me that makes my heart beat fast, but if I don't wear it, I smother... Through the night and some weird dreams I woke not gently, but with physical fright, don't know how to explain it - as if I'd been scared awake suddenly. Heart rate was up, either from waking suddenly or afib; I didn't want to take extra Flecainide, but finally I took the morning dose two hours early at 5:30, and slept somewhat better, with the cpap on. Oh, for the days when I could just go to bed and Go. To. Sleep. And sleep all night. The last really good night's sleep I had was two months ago after coming home from the ER when I had the afib so bad, and was full of phenergan and some other nausea medicine. I try not to think about it the next day and usually through the day I'm fine. I get tired. I seem to have more "skips" than I've had in a long time (PVCs). Premature ventricular contractions. But I try not to dwell on it. 

Sher sent me a goodie box (two in fact) of brochures, bookmarks, 2014 Library of Congress National Book Festival Poster. Like Christmas!
2014 07 16 10 22 331 The Library of Congress Releases 2014 National Book Festival Schedule

October 9-24, she has a trip planned to see her friend Lou in Venice, Italy, with side-trip to Paris and the Guernsey Islands. I don't get to go many places, but she always "takes me!"

No comments: