Tuesday, June 24, 2014

I WANT TO BE HOME...

It is only 2 3/4 days until my ablation. I just want to be back home. I want it to be over. I want to feel good again. I want to feel "normal," as much as possible! (ha)

Today is a cloudy, sprinkly day, which means aches all over, which has nothing to do with afib. But all my sore spots hurt or ache. I'm trying to keep my BGP on - I'd say doing a pretty good job, since, really, I'm between a rock and a hard place here, and anyway, I know that God knows the outcome and I am praying for Dr. Johnson and everyone in that room where they'll do their best to get these heart nerves ablated & under control. As he said, "You don't want to think about your heart." No, I don't, and that's all I have thought about. But as Sher and I say, "It'll be 'ight."

She is at her storage unit in Panama City today with the TMO people (Travel Management Office) coordinating her move to DC. She's taking essentials for now because her condo is small. Her neighbor Bonnie (whom Sher spent the night with last night, because Sher's house is rented) called me last night and we had a good talk. She's a retired nurse, but has been for some time, so she doesn't know the ablation procedures now...

Paul is out piddling in the garage; I heard the lawn mower awhile ago. Likely, he is cutting vines or limbs, or maybe he's behind the house tearing down the old horse shed. 

We're going to Amy's Thursday afternoon and spend the night with her since I have to check in at 5:30 a.m. More pre-op meds to take Thursday night and Friday morning. List of people to call/text for Amy, who'll be spending the night with me Friday night, while Paul stays at her house. Sandra and David will be with Paul sometime during the day Friday, which is really great and good company for him not to have to sit there all day alone waiting. As for me, after that first or second or whatever IV, I won't know a thing, which is great.

So I'll stop thinking about this now and go fold some clothes.

No comments: