Thursday, July 04, 2013

I ALWAYS DO THIS

A glimmer of a tiny idea has exploded into a near-impossible project - and it needs to be completed in two weeks!! I can't show and tell right now because... It's a work in progress - I love, love, love doing this kind of thing and the last time I did something like this I cried all the way through it. No, I'm not having a baby.

Caught the sun just right, or it caught me, the other evening. 


Panoramic shot from about the same place. This is a sandy "bottom" where water runs off - right now it's just a "dry creek bed." Water runs off this slope down around the bottom of the knoll, into a natural small creek bed, down to another wider ditch, and if the rain isn't too heavy, the right-of-way ditches carry it on. Sometimes debris washes out into the road, But not this day.

We live on a rock/sand hill. It's difficult to plant things because of roots and rocks, but that's okay - there's an abundance of trees and so many shrubs Uncle Wendell did get planted. This embankment really needs something green - I sowed wild flower seed but nothing yet; just grass. This view is looking northwest.

Looking down our road to the east.


Happy Fourth of July, everyone!

No comments: