Tuesday, January 01, 2013

PLEASANT BOUNDARIES

The day passed pretty quietly. Up as usual around 7:30 (didn't make it to midnight last night). I cooked peas (purple hull, not black eyed, which we don't really care for), cornbread, warmed sweet potatoes that were already baked, hamburger patties. I put the family/friends picture Christmas cards in the Christmas album, using some of my paper stash for the background - actually had a lot of Christmasy colored paper. Watched a little Rose Bowl Parade, Paul worked in the garage, listened to and watched bowl games (MS State got beat by Northwest-Northwestern?). After lunch I lay down and switched TV on, had fully intending to finish Mr. Penumbra book, and "Camelot" was coming on TCM. It was long (3 1/2 hours) and so good. I don't know that I'd seen it - 1967 - surely I had. I called Aunt Ginny to see how she was - fine; she had talked to Glenda last night about 30 minutes - her grandsons will be back to her house tomorrow since Tara and Lynn's classes are starting back. The little boys will keep her mind busy, though I know there will be a million times she'll want to tell her mother something and Velma won't be there... Same for Aunt Ginny... 

I worked on a picture for Sher. One I took of her while she was here - she looked "elfish." When she got back home, she saw a picture in a magazine of an elf that reminded her of herself.  I superimposed the little elf picture on the bookshelf behind the one of her, mail tomorrow. Took me a long time - trial and error with Photoshop. (BTW those are Mama's jammas she has on - the pink bottoms - which she borrowed from me.  Been around a long time, cozy flannel.)


"Parenthood" comes on tonight - My and Sher's show - that and "Downton Abbey," which returns for third season next Sunday night. The office is a wreck - everything has landed back here in a pile or a wad - have to get it straight and cleaned out this week. Thursday, though, is trip to Tupelo for Paul's procedure. I hope he does well and isn't too sore, and this does what it's supposed to.

My head feels better today.  Oscar went out himself or Paul was there nearby a couple of times. When it rains O especially stays near the house - not his favorite weather and he's ready to come back in. I figure all other smart dogs will be at their homes under carports or barns...

So an uneventful and blessedly quiet New Year's Day - missing Amy, though... Miss even the noise of her crazy cartoon shows on TV! Miss her. But glad her back is so much better! She has PT tomorrow and doctor exam Thursday...

No comments: