Wednesday, June 01, 2011

SURPRISES!

I won a summer goodie bag from Hairjazz! When I was there last week I put my name in for the drawing, and Marcie called to tell me I'd won! I picked it up today and it is some nice Merle Norman products in a pretty "flip flop" fabric bag. I'm sure Marcie made the bag; I forgot to ask. She wasn't there when I picked it up.  I hardly ever win anything - and in the last couple of months I benefited from Amy's prize at Piggly Wiggly ($48 grocery card) and the prize today!

One day when I was packing I came across this lovely blast from the past.  All of us Woodruff girls in probably 1970, when Forrest City celebrated its centinniel. Front, seated, L-R: Ernestine Lindsey, Carolyn Henley, Cheryl Neeley. Standing L-R: Judy Stotts, Teri Daniels Jackson, Polly Jones, Juanita Lindley, Carol Banton, Pat Nichols, Sue Cullum, Maxine Thornton, Bertha Ragle, Nell Sanders, Dorothy Brawner, Ida Whittle Drury. The bonnets hardly fit some of our hairdos!
Of the fifteen, five have died. My goodness, that's one-third... Only one of these ladies is still working at Woodruff: Carolyn Henley (middle front, seated). She really deserves a prize!

No comments: