Thursday, June 16, 2011

IN THE PAST 2 WEEKS

I have been in Iuka almost 2 weeks. Sister Sher was here last week and that girl can FOCUS! She can also lift boxes! We had carpets cleaned, cleared a lot out of rooms, she painted the kitchen. I miss her! I'll be ready for my October visit to her house after all this packing and moving.

Paul's successor was elected the fourteenth - Bob Stacy - and I think he'll do a fine job.

Today I had terribly sad news-my good friend and former co-worker Donna Tarbutton was killed in a one car accident today. She was on her way to her son and daughter-in-law's home in Little Rock and planned to fly to Arizona Monday to visit her daughter and her family. Donna was always a great friend and encouragement to me and we were part of that sweet work family, going through many joys and sorrows over the years. She loved life and lived it to the fullest. We will miss her.

Today I stayed busy as usual and finished assembling a kitchen cart. Sher and I looked at them
online and I ordered through Amazon. I wrangled it around in the floor and Tommy (Paul's brother) came by after work and turned it upright for me. It's a great addition and adds some division between the kitchen and den.

I have HGTV on all day for breaks, background noise and tips!

Mama Nick remains about the same. Some days she feels like sitting up for several hours, other days not.

Oscar enjoys outdoors but I have had to remove a couple of ticks from him. Horrible little creatures. I give him flea/tick med every month. The yard needs some kind of treatment.

And the air conditioning guy is coming tomorrow to check the thermostat. It cools great; but has to be turned up/down manually.

Since I'm doing this on iPhone there's no telling what it will look like.. So I apologize for misspelled words, etc.

No comments: