Thursday, August 26, 2010

SO MUCH FOR A DAY'S LIST

I was going to start Marsha's apron today, but decided to get my hair trimmed and Marcie could take me at 11:00, so I went. As I was leaving, Norma called and said the crew was going to lunch at Mike's. I figured I'd have time to get back home, dry my hair, throw on some make-up and change clothes, and off I went. First one of the bunch there, so I talked to Dub S, who was waiting for his lunch partner at the next table.

After a great visit with Beck, Norma, Carolyn and Wesley, plus wonderful hot fried catfish, I came home and gathered up all my BlackBerry paraphernalia (I got a call at Mike's) and took it back to Apex for an exchange. I'd wanted the iPhone in the first place and that's what I got - not the 4, but the 3Gs. The screen is much easier to read, it was less expensive, and it's FUN! The only thing is that you can practically see the battery draining. But I knew that. I'll have to get a car charger sometime. Sher has had one for quite a while, so she can tutor me.

Since I had about used the day, I decided to stop at Ross Ford to see about my cruise control, which hasn't worked since the trip to Iuka in July and even before that. It hasn't worked for me, always works for them. But this time I got lucky! They determined it needed a $22.84 switch! Plus labor... Anyway, it was less expensive than a whole cruise control replacement. We tried it out later comparing it with Paul's Garmin and the cruise setting was about one mph over what the GPS registered. So far, so good.

It was almost five o'clock when I got home and we finally ate a snacky supper, catching up on the day.

Here it's after eleven p.m. and I didn't intend to stay up this late.

No comments: