Friday, June 04, 2010

All Systems...

The heart tests were fine; the medicine seems to be working very well. (Still some occasional skips and rapids, but nothing like before.) So now the next two systems to be checked out are the digestive and urinary.

I was fortunate to get an appointment with a urologist yesterday and had just called the day before. The same one Aunt Ginny had seen a couple of weeks ago. I've had UTIs this spring and the last one just won't seem to clear up, so I cried "Uncle!" They went right to work with tests and I'm on another round of antibiotic. I'll have a urodynamics bladder test in a little over a week and that will help Dr. Gubin determine what's causing all these infections. I'm hoping the most serious of any procedure would be that of a bladder tack, but that it's not that either.

Next week I'm in for a big treat with an endoscopy of my stomach/esophagus to see what's up with the cough - possible ulcerations? And since I'm "of the age" they'll also do the wonderful colonoscopy. I know I have put this off and one should not put that test off. It's very important to have done. So if you haven't, put on your BGPs and just do it.

I told Paul I didn't intend to retire to go to doctor's offices. But I've had great trips so far this spring and summer. These are just necessary tune-ups to keep going! He's a jewel to drop everything and take me yesterday. I had intended to go and spend the night with Amy, but at the last minute, it all got to be too much for me, so he drove.

While we were at the doctor's office, Aunt Ginny and Sandra, our sis-in-law, David's wife, came in. Aunt G was still having some problems. I'll check on her today. (She also has to have the dynamics test, next week.) Sandra and I both did double-takes and Paul said he thought that lady looked familiar (he was several feet away). Aunt G and Sandra had left Iuka around 9:00 and stopped at Coldwater Creek at Saddle Creek on the way. Paul and Sandra had a good visit while AG and I were having our check-ups.
Paul and I ate at Corky's BBQ after the appointment, and Amy was able to meet us, though she had already eaten.

Needless to say, I'm swamped with meds to take and had to make a spreadsheet to keep up with them! I'll be glad to go back to my old regular ones.

On the way home, my cousin Edwina called to thank me for pictures I'd sent her and told me to come stay in her extra bedroom with bath. We have a lot of gaps to fill, and she wants me to stay long enough to "scour the country." I told her when all these tests were done I might just take her up on that.

Just as we arrived back home, it poured rain and was so refreshing! I love the just-washed look of all the trees, flowers and shrubs, and the smell of rain. Bitty got a drink of rainwater from the bird bath this morning. My pretty daylilies are blooming around the back yard, too. Love the various colors.

Bitty in a playful mood.

Gail at the library called and said they had a book in for me: the latest Alexander McCall-Smith, The Double Comfort Safari Club (No. 1 Ladies' Detective Agency novel). There was also one of his books on Playaway, the little tape-book with earphones, so I got that one, too. It isn't in the Ladies' series - the title of it is The Unbearable Lightness of Scones. Movie Gallery had the HBO series of Ladies' and I rented the first one. They're going out of business so thought I'd check and see if they were still there - they're not, so I ordered the series from Amazon. Glad to know someone else is a fan.

No comments: