Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Work Table

Last week I ordered a work table to place beside the computer. I had very little flat surface to work on, so this fit the bill. It's on rollers, has a tilting table top, and isn't overpowering in size. It was delivered yesterday, double boxed, well packed, nothing damaged. I ordered it from Dick Blick. And little ol' me put it together! I can't recall ever assembling anything like this before, but I followed the instructions and everything fit and I had no parts left over. There were a couple of screws on the bottom that Paul had to ratchet on - I would never have known to get the tool he used (it wasn't mentioned in the instructions, just where they went and held what to which part). So I spent all morning on that.


And since this is all I've done this morning, this is why I look so disheveled. A benefit of being retired: wearing jammies all day if I want to.
Online catalog picture, finished:



On one of my trips to the garage for a Philips screwdriver (I did know what that was), I saw this little fellow sitting in the shrubs at the end of the house (the white spot in the middle). I'm sure it's a baby or he would have flown off. I heard a cheeping when I went past the first time but didn't see him; but on the way back to the house, he was so near my hand I could have picked him up. I know now why the momma and daddy birds were chattering and fussing so yesterday. There's a nest nearby and this little one is learning to fly. I did use the zoom lens so I wouldn't get so close I'd scare him, or get attacked (last picture)! Isn't he pretty? He was very calm and never moved while I was there. I went by later and he was gone, flying lesson accomplished.

No comments: