Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Some Years...

I was going through some old files and came across this picture of Paul's mother holding him when he looked to be maybe a year old or so. They share the same birthdate. This was in the Vidette newspaper at the time of her 80th birthday celebration - that's the folder I found it in.

Twelve years later, this strong little lady still lives at home alone and can manage the necessities of the day. She's quick to say that if it weren't for her younger (89 YO) sister, she couldn't live at home. Aunt Ginny and Mama Nick live less than a quarter of a mile away from each other, and at times Mama Nick will drive her car over to Ginny's and then Ginny will drive them in one of their vehicles, to the grocery, the doctor, or way over to Tishomingo for home-ground sausage! They both are amazing women with their strong Broughton/Akers heritage.



The following picture was made at Aunt Ginny's I think - there are pine trees all around both houses - about 1988 or 1989. Amy said I look like a young teenage boy. L-R Aunt Ginny, me, Amy, Mama Nick. Love this picture. Even at 15 or 16, Amy was already a little taller than the rest of us and we all have a little height, as they say. I am so blessed in having such wonderful women on both sides of my family.

No comments: