Monday, April 12, 2010

Weekend
Paul's mower still wasn't ready, but he edged the yard with the weedeater, preparing for the "big mow." We watched some of the Masters on Saturday and most of it on Sunday (all the while I was thinking, what's wrong with this picture? The Augusta course is magnificently beautiful; so I went outside for a while and made pictures of our azaleas!) Only one year did the white and pink bloom at the same time...

Saturday I was looking for a book I had read years ago (Angle of Repose by Wallace Stegner), and couldn't find it. Maybe it's in the old entertainment center in the bedroom. Of course there are three layers of books under there. I took the laptop and inventoried everything in the E center; at least I'll know what's there if I never get to bend that low again to actually see it. Knees and other joints just don't cooperate well. I didn't find the book, either. So that's begun a project to work on - the Book Inventory Project. Many need to be recycled, given away, donated. But I'm not that far into the project yet. It's ridiculous, but no more so than other peoples' collections I suppose... Think of the Dixon's (Memphis) collection of Meissen and other porcelain - entire floor to ceiling display cases in huge rooms as large as our house... One day, people will pay to see my collection of books... And then I woke up...

I saw an interesting program on PBS/WKNO Friday (and had to record it to see the rest I got so sleepy - it wasn't boring - I was just tired). 400 Years of the Telescope. Fascinating - the hugeness of space and scientific advancements of telescopes - the larger they make them, the deeper they find that space is. Infinite... Of course.


Psalm 19:1-2

1 The heavens declare the glory of God; the skies proclaim the work of his hands.
2 Day after day they pour forth speech; night after night they display knowledge.

There's a similar program on AETN (PBS) Tuesday night at 8:00.

I've discovered yet another setting on my "new" camera, which makes automatic adjustments for different types of scenes. I Need To Read The Instructions...

My plan today is: call Stern Clinic and see what the test results are; see if I need to change my appointment to later in the month; check on camellia shrubs and ferns; dust; do some laundry; get Oscar some baby carrots. I noticed yesterday that his two bottom "fangs" are chipped and I know exactly why. He gets excited when Bitty (the cat) comes to the back door, or anything that causes him to get beside himself, he gnashes at the bottom of the back door. And so - chipped teeth. I taped the bottom of the door with several layers of electrical tape hoping this will somewhat cushion his bite. Silly dog. Oh, baby carrots - yes - his teeth are atrocious, due to his short muzzle. I give him carrots for fiber and lately he's just been chewing them up leaving a mess all over the floor. So I steam or cook them for him. They're much easier for him the chew.

Where was I? My list. Well, that's about it for today. I know I'll get sidetracked many times. And it's okay!! I can do that now!

Jean just called. The hospital auxiliary jewelry and accessory sale is next Wednesday at CrossRidge. It's a fund raiser for the auxiliary and very well attended.

No comments: