Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Catching Up

What a busy four days! But Sher had to go back to work today and I'm here in the quiet house with her ticking tall clock, Jordan and Oscar. (Jordan is planning to visit friends in Tennessee later this week.) Every time anyone or anything moves, Oscar leaps up, curious to see what's next!

Sher took her big painting to Hobby Lobby to have it framed for the juried art show which begins later next week. In fact, we will be traveling on the day (evening) they have the Meet the Artist reception, and I won't get to see the paintings on exhibit - any of them. But she said she'd make pictures.

Yesterday we went to see "Alice" in 3D. I'd seen it with Amy in early March, but Sher hadn't seen it and at the time of day we went, we were the only two in that showing! We enjoyed it like two little kids. We sent to a nearby shoe store and she bought some work shoes and cute little flip flops; I got some more Merrill clogs made just like the ones I've been wearing almost constantly since my leg break. They just work for me. These are mesh, for summer.

We made arrangements to meet JoAnn at Panera Bread Company and had supper there, lingering to talk and visit - so neat to catch up on family stories and know that connection is there although we haven't seen each other since our grandmother (Goobie) died in 1987. I've talked to her a few times, and Sher has seen her a couple of times since I have. (When Goobie died, Sher was in Germany.) JoAnn remembered the apartment layout on Claybrook where Goobie and Papa lived when he died in 1957. Before I leave, we may be able to have lunch or something again next week.

I plan to cook white beans, meatloaf, mashed potatoes, cornbread for supper, one of Sher's favorite meals.

Massolina Bay, within walking distance of Sher's house. We walked the dogs there one morning this week.

Sher signing one of her paintings for the exhibit.

Some quilt squares Sher did many years ago. The blue with red flowers came from scraps I'd made Amy a little top from when she was maybe two years old; the outfit had pants of a solid color.

Moss hanging from a tree in Sher's back yard, and azaleas.

No comments: