Friday, April 16, 2010

But First...

I had these near rotten bananas, the kind just right for banana bread, so I made a couple of loaves to take to Sher's. I also had a few cubes of pineapple I smashed in with the bananas. The vanilla was a gift from one of Paul's friends who traveled to Mexico. I'd heard you could get really inexpensive (cheap!) vanilla there and asked Paul next time he knew of someone going, please bring me some. And they did! I keep it in the fridge. This'll probably last the rest of my life, unless I start baking a lot more. I used a half teaspoon today.
I still have to dig up hostas for Sher, plant my "little garden," and get some ferns because I'm afraid they'll be gone in two weeks when I get back. I have my little stacks and lists here and there, just got to get it all together...