Friday, March 19, 2010

Morgan's Heart - and Mine

I've had this idea for some time, since Morgan asked for some article of clothing of Mama's (her Grandma's) to sew in her wedding dress. Time passed so fast and I still had not done it. But yesterday I finished.

The picture in the locket - reduced the wallet size twice so it would fit. Embellishments - I had no clue what kind or where to put them so I just got a few while I was at Amy's. Lace trim - forget that - too tedious to try to fit around the curves and point. So it's pretty plain and simple, and it was Mama's lace bra. I mailed it to Morgan today, along with one of Goobie's (her great grandmother's) handkerchiefs, and a CD with her shower pictures on it. And a couple of extra wallet photos so she could see the whole picture of Mama, maybe put them in an album or something.


Now I need to finish Sher's tabletop quilt, which I started last fall... before I go visit her.

I suppose I don't get enough excitement in my life, so I created some last night. Not what you think. For the last couple of days I left off my heart rythm medicine and it was sooo wonderful not to have the skippees. But. Payday comes. What was I thinking? That it was "healed?" I had a hard time getting to sleep, restless legs. I knew my bpm was a little higher. Well, that should have told me something! Around 12:15 I woke up with my heart just trying to escape my body! I thought it couldn't beat any faster, but oh, yes, it "kicked it up a notch!" as Emeril says. I immediately took one of my pills, and Paul called 911. By the time the EMTs got here, the rate had slowed considerably, but my excitement was not complete until I got that ambulance ride the the ER. The heart rate was steadily coming down and the ER doctor on call said he wasn't even going to order anything for me under the circumstances. The circumstances being that I tried to write my own prescription. Another doctor/intern seemed disappointed that he wouldn't get to "do anything." He took out the IV needle and put the tape on my arm. I told him he did get to do something after all. An hour later, it was so wonderful to get back home, in my warm bed, and drift off to a good sleep. I told Paul I was sorry I scared him... Do not try that at home - do not stop taking your medicine! Of course, I'm keeping my cardio appointment next Thursday at Stern Clinic! I do not want any more of that kind of excitement!

No comments: