Tuesday, September 08, 2009

Time at Amy's

This morning I woke up several times before my phone alarmed for Amy to get up. She was up before I was! Her new boss called yesterday and asked her to come in today to talk with a family about arrangements. She was ready to go. I asked if she was nervous and she said no. I fixed her lunch for her and she left around 7:30.

Yesterday we gratefully took advanage of Chik Fil A's free chicken sandwich they offered to all who wore sports team shirts. The one near her was packed. I wondered, what would keep people from going back again and again? Really nothing, I guess. I think it's a really great thing for CFA to do. I didn't stand in line so they didn't see my pink Arkansas shirt I had on, and they gave Amy two sandwiches. So there are many people whom the company probably fed yesterday who may not have had any other meal(s) that day. Thanks, Chik Fil A!

Paul said there were over 500 people at Mr. Waddell's visitation. He went to the funeral and they had to use another room for overflow. He said the FH personnel expected that many for Sharon's visitation. Her service will be this evening at the high school auditorium.

I'm thinking Paul was ready for some alone time, too, after having two women, a cat and a dog in the house, and two big dogs in the yard for three weeks! Amy was glad to be home, glad to be starting a new job, glad I could help her transition. She and Paul certainly focused on me (and still do!) but now they can rest some. Her big dogs were relieved to be home, too. Pauley has been very quiet, he who usually howls every time a train goes by. Thank God for His care of us and all things.

PS - I think this is a rolling advertiser for maybe a restaurant? This looks like "french fries" on top of the car...

No comments: