Thursday, September 10, 2009

Busy Girls

Amy has been very busy this week with somewhat odd hours, though I suppose not odd for her line of work. After she got off work at NRFH yesterday, she had another job waiting for her at another FH near midtown. It was late when she got home. Oscar and I venture to the yard for his #1, but his major business had to wait until this morning and Amy could walk him around the block. Business accomplished. During the time I was getting dressed, she had another call from NRFH and Joyce asked her if she is coming in today. She was told between one and two, but now she's on acceleration to get there as soon as possible.

Meanwhile, Sher is working overtime at her AF base because it's the end of the fiscal year. She called me the other night and managed to get out, "Somebody shoot up here amongst us. Somebody got to have some relief!" Our favorite saying when we've reached the end of our energy. I sympathized with her and then started telling her my aches and pains. Then she had a call from Mel and had to go. I called her back and she didn't answer. Finally heard from her and she said, "I just can't talk now. This dog's jumping up on me and trying to talk to Mel..." I felt bad. She was having a bad day and I should have just listened. I got a card for her and will mail it today. Two old ladies swimming. Not that we're old. And I can barely keep my head above water now, but it evokes memories of our tubing trip down the Guatalupe River several years ago, from Groen, Texas.

I've been some help to Amy here, washing clothes, making her bed, cooking supper or heating leftovers. I hope my card and the vibes of my well-wishes reach Sher and she knows I sympathize with her. My two girls are making it on their own and doing great jobs of it. Mommy/Big Sister just helps when she can...

No comments: