Sunday, September 06, 2009

Mississippi State vs Jackson State

Paul and Amy went to Starkville yesterday to the ballgame - there and back - one day. Fortunately, they went in Paul's truck since it is ever so much more comfortable than the Camaro. For tall people to travel that far, comfort is a must. MS State won 45-7. Of course, I was rooting for MS State, but was glad Jax State scored!

Amy iphoned me this picture someone took of them in the stands. The game was delayed because of rain and then it lasted about 3 hours, so it was a long day for them.
It was sort of strange being home alone, but I got my hair cut, made tea cakes, took some of those to our youth director and his wife (Randy and Hannah Presley) who are temporarily living across the street while their home is being built, fed Amy's dogs, took Oscar out, folded clothes, and finally collapsed on the couch. Sher and I talked some until her battery got low. She found some white wicker chairs for her sunroom, and brought Mama's little white table and chairs in for a sunroom corner. I'm glad Sher decided to use Mama's table. Lots of good times were had around this little table at Mama's house. I studied my Sunday School lesson and watched part of "The Sound of Music," waiting up for my folks to get home.

We were tired puppies this morning, but Amy got up and went to church and I went on to Sunday School. (Bless Amy's heart - she told me she would come pick me up but I was about half asleep still, so I drove myself to church. She came home looking for me! Paul told her I'd already gone. He went to the cemetery early to mark Mr. Waddell's grave so I'd have his truck! Meanwhile, I'm in SS wondering why she is late, never ever recalling that she was going to our house to get me!)
There were a lot of prayer requests for the families affected by Friday evening's accident. Mr. Waddell's visitation is tonight and funeral tomorrow all at the funeral home. Details can be read at http://www.kernodlefh.com/index.cfm

Sometime this afternoon we're going to go to Amy's, and I'm going to stay the week with her. I still have some time off and Paul said I should just go visit her this week while she's starting her new job. I don't go back to the doctor until 9/21. We have three dogs, one cat, one salvaged naugahyde recliner and a 1970's coffee table to transport. Amy's dogs will ride in my vehicle, Oscar and her cat Tommy (in pet travel carrier) will ride in Paul's. All we need is a grandma to sit in the recliner in the back of the truck! Yeehaw!

No comments: