Friday, September 11, 2009

If Dreams Came True and Remembering 9/11

Most of the time I don't remember what I dream at night. When I wake up sometimes I will think, now remember this - this is what I dreamed about, and then it just evaporates. This morning I told Amy I dreamed but couldn't recall it. Then as I was drinking my coffee I remembered: Teri was alive; we talked, but I don't remember our conversation. I've had several of this type dream where she is back with us.

And I dreamed Paul wanted to knock out the living room wall to make the kitchen/dining area (which we don't use - dining, I mean) larger. But what a lot of work, and what would be gained, really? As for Teri being in my dream, I've dreamed about her several times where she and I would be together, she having just arrived from "somewhere" she'd been all this time, and it's not heaven, though I know she is there. The place is never identified; she just appears. She just carries on as if nothing has happened, and those of us in the dream with her are a little surprised, but not shocked and don't question her appearance. At one of the girls' outings, I had a little video of her and looked everywhere for it after she died. I never found it. In my dreams it is wonderful to "see" Teri and talk to her.

This is the 8th anniversary of the 9/11 attacks. The names of the victims are being read as I write this, Wall Street has stopped for a time of silence, families remember; President Obama speaks for the nation, remembering that time - the families and the rescue workers; children who were small then now stand and give tributes to their fathers, mothers, brothers, sisters, friends. Eight years ago when I heard the news, I was on my way to work. At the time, reporters speculated that a plane had accidentally crashed into one of the Twin Towers. By the time I got to work, a lot of the office was crowded around the TV in the servicemen's room and the second plane had hit the other tower of the World Trade Center. Then the Pentagon... Then Flight 93...

We don't want bad things to happen, but they do in this world. We hold fast our faith that God is in control. Doesn't He control our dreams as well? Then I'm thankful for small visits with Teri.

I lift up my eyes to the hills—where does my help come from?
My help comes from the LORD, the Maker of heaven and earth.

Psalm 121:1-2

No comments: