Friday, May 08, 2009

Friday!

It's finally here and we're going to Amy's this weekend. We're on a roll and it's Mother's Day, too. I told her I'd cook her some pinto beans and cornbread tomorrow. And I asked her to put up all her candles and unplug all her plug-ins.

Amy was home Monday afternoon for an appointment and later we ate at Colby's (her favorite place to eat when home). After eating, we were back home and Amy was playing with Oscar. I say playing in the broadest sense of the word because he has limits. One, she is not his pack leader; two, it is his territory and his toy; three, he had just had enough. And he bit her. His mouth is huge (we think it looks like an alligator's) and so the bruise on her leg is huge, with teeth marks outlining it. I felt sorry for her and doctored her and petted her. After the weekend when they got along so well together, she was just stunned and it hurt her feelings that he "turned" on her like that. But - it just went too far and I'm sure she won't be grabbing his baby and pulling on it again. He has gotten really sweet around her and that's saying a lot, but this was just too much. Like the little boy down the street who kept getting in Oscar's face making noises at him. Oscar snapped just close enough to scare him and show the boy he meant business, Don't tease me! (The boy was not hurt, and this happened probably two years ago.) I asked her if we could bring him this weekend and she said it was okay. "He's your baby." Yes, he is. He doesn't like being anyone else's baby.

Found out today that BFF Brenda in MS is having a hysterectomy May 19. We've known each other and been best friends since 9th grade when I moved with Goobie to Iuka. Bren is a do-it girl - practical to my sentimental. She was all "go for it" in school and I was the one who said, "We probably don't need to do that." She said I probably kept us out of a lot of trouble. She's my "preacher girl" when I need to have a come-uppance/reminder/lecture/get my head out of the clouds. Anyway, praying all goes well, as she also has diabetes and a heart condition. (But she can outwork me any day!) One of her grandsons (Austin, the oldest) was awarded the Citizenship Award for his class today. Wednesday was her youngest granddaughter Eliza's first birthday; today was her second granddaughter Georgia's (Gee-ja) third; and her son David was 35. She has six grands - three boys (all in Iuka); 3 girls (all in Meridian, MS).

***

I had a letter from the pulmonologist's office this week saying my lung CT is scheduled for May 12. It's in Wynne at the hospital, so it won't take long. Hope everything is as it has been, or even better that the nodule has disappeared. At least that it hasn't grown. This is the fourth scan I've had to keep an eye on it. All has been okay so far.
***
My printer (at work) kaputzed this week. It had got to where it wouldn't print envelopes and it finally just quit, or sat there trying to do something, making all sorts of weird noises. A day or so later I got this video from a co-worker (it's the one with the cat). So funny! Wonder if our Bitty Cat would have tried this hard to figure it out?

***

It has rained a lot this week and is humid today. Beck said she and her husband played golf yesterday evening and the course was so pretty and green. Paul spread dirt under the Tree Triangle in the back yard (where I want to put my Tishomingo Stone bench) and scattered grass seed. Maybe this will work - it's very hard to get anthing to grow there. He mowed the yard Wednesday.
***

Check out this website for a Bible Study and comments: Women Say Yes to God I'm on Chapter 2 for next week's discussion.

Happy Mother's Day!!

No comments: