Monday, April 27, 2009

Monday

I wasn't on the computer at all this weekend and I apologize to MM for not doing the Challenge for two days.

Saturday I recuperated from last week. I did get dressed, but only because I gave Oscar a bath and got wet myself. He looks like a Wooly Bear and Paul said he'd call for a grooming appointment this week. Paul mowed the yard, washed his truck and put the new back yard hose on the reel. I love watering the ferns and other plants in the back, and hosing off the patio.

Sunday we went to church and Sunday School. So many spiritual needs - you never know what someone's life may be like, what they or their family members may be going through. I'm thankful that our ladies' class members feel close to one another and have the trust we do that we can voice our concerns and ask for prayer. We've seen God work in lives.

I made a quick dinner, we ate, and Paul napped on the couch while the Talledega race zipped by in the background and I went to the bedroom and slept for two hours.

Sher and I talked later in the afternoon - she has three appointments this week to look at houses, but is pretty sure she wants to make an offer on the Cove house. I finally got the pictures she sent of the interior and it's very charming and looks like her - I can see her furniture fitting perfectly. It was built in 1941 I believe, but has been kept completely up-to-date.

I called Amy but she was just finishing a shower and said she would call back sometime later. Maybe she tried out her new lawn mower this weekend!

Neighbor Virginia and Jimmi Ann's irises.

The new little lorapetalum by the fence corner. They grow pretty fast. Neighbor Joe said if they're trimmed occasionally they make fuller shrubs. I just want it to fill up this corner and give it some color. I think it'll be pretty against the gray fence.


Mama's Plant That I Water Faithfully. I think it's a split leaf philodendron. It's putting out roots again and I've read that you should take care cutting them off - the sap can cause contact dermatitis. Elsewhere, someone said this is a poisonous plant! Did not know that. Thankfully, Oscar has never been a digger, and Bitty leaves it alone, too. I think it can be set outside in the summer and I may do that - morning sun but not afternoon. The patio will be perfect for it since it's mostly shaded all day.

1 comment:

Kaye Butler said...

Mary Margaret spent the weekend with Beth Stutts, Lisa & Ricky Stutts daughter...she didn't do her Bible Verse either.