Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Rainy Day

It just seems too hot too quick. The lorapetalum was beginning to have yellow leaves and look very droopy, so I watered it and Paul carried two buckets of water out to it. Then it rained last night and this morning, so maybe it will perk up. The larger lora looks much better weaving through the trellis I got yesterday. I'd like to have a stone bench in where the two buckeyes and red maple form a triangle. Then I thought, wouldn't a rock slab look even better, across two large stones - the natural look. The problem with rocks is that at nurseries, you just about have to buy a whole truckload and we don't need a truckload. I'd asked brother Steve to look for some river or creek rocks, but he's gone to Texas visiting Andy and his family. That's just one thing I'll keep an eye out for and wait for it...

I stopped at Dr. Mitchell's this morning and finalized the frames - they're like Clarice's. She did a good job choosing them for me! Ailene said it would be around two weeks before they were ready. I told Donna our SS class is praying for her mother who has just been diagnosed with cancer. Since I learned Donna is Carlena's cousin, I can see so much resemblance, even in their voices.

I picked Tina up - this is her day and I appreciate her help so much. Paul took Oscar to Cheryl's (I'm not sure of her name spelling) at Classy Pooch. They almost got wet getting into his truck - the rain started again about the time Paul was trying to get the door open. He really loves me, I'm telling you! What he does for me with Oscar...! I appreciate him, too! Oscar looks like a different dog, but cute. Paul said he wouldn't let Cheryl's other groomer work on him - he growled! He only wanted Cheryl! Used to her.

Kirk sent an update and he's been in Israel for two weeks! Wonderful! Was good to hear from him. He arrived the morning of Passover. Walking the history - His Story.

No comments: