Wednesday, April 01, 2009

Are We Serious About This?

I did go to the revival meeting last night and it was, of course, worth it. The speaker Dennis Nunn has a wonderful way with audiences and his stories about witnessing brought tears to my eyes. So simple! Why didn't I think of that before! Aha moments! And he had us laughing as well, empathizing as well as teaching. Last night's was a fairly long meeting from 6:30 to around 8:00, but tonight's will be shorter, he said.

He had many and various kinds of tracts, and it's sad to say, I have not seen or picked up a tract to use in ages. I did get several last night and pray for opportunities to share them.

It's as if he had peeled back layers of inhibitions from our soul's eyes and helped us see in a simple and fresh way what we are supposed to be about while here on earth. God didn't take us right on to Heaven when we were saved for a reason - we're supposed to be going and discipling others. The result is not up to us - we personally can not save anyone. We are the messengers and God has a plan for how the results turn out. He does the saving. Most times I feel very inadequate to be a messenger, but it isn't about me. It's about Jesus and His work on the cross on our behalf. He's done it all - we just must trust Him by faith.

No comments: