Monday, March 09, 2009

On Fear...

In response to my brother's remark about my not being afraid of anything... I suppose I wrote in haste that I was not afraid of anything, but new things make me nervous...! Well. God has a way of taking rash statements and making me think about them. (My sister and my friend Bren tell me I think too much...) Anyway. Yes, I do have fears. In quiet moments this past weekend, just before sleep, just before napping, while pottering around moving CDs from one place to another (not money, but the music kind!), I thought of all sorts of fears I have had in different life situations.

But.

Yesterday both of Bro. Matt's sermons reminded me that Jesus said, "Fear not, for I am with you."

I can see in hindsight that God has given me to strength to go through those situations, even when I was sick with trepidation and fear. If I have appeared to be fearless to my youngest brother, then it was because God was walking me through it, carrying me through it. It was not me, but Him.

No comments: