Thursday, January 15, 2009

All You Were to Me

Friend
Sister in Christ
Confidant
Listener
Encourager
Fun
Traveling Buddy
Shopper
Gentle
Loyal
Adventurer
Patient
True
Trustworthy
Good
Teaser
Joker
Sweet
Giving
Handy-with-Kleenex
Big Hearted
Kind

You could "stare me down" when I was so tickled and I would only get more tickled. You never cracked a smile. You silly girl. You had a key to my house and I had one to yours. Most times we didn't knock when we visited - just called out and walked on in. I can still hear you: "Patricia!" Most often you did call me by my full name. Funny how things like that come floating back on the wisps of memory.

You were just there. You were always there. I would call and you could be ready to go here or there or come to my house or let me come to yours at a minute's notice, and if family obligations were not pending - you were just "mine!" We would solve all our problems and all our families' problems and vent and cry and laugh. We would drink Dr. Peppers and Diet Cokes, share sundaes at Sonic, go to movies and share Junior Mints, go on trips and share Necco Wafers, share an order when we ate out, share the dessert. We. Just. Meshed. I know your "tent was large" because I'm sure your other friends felt the same. You had so much love to give...

There has never nor will ever be another Teri! And I'm so blessed to have known you, Sweetheart. I miss you just as much today as I did three years ago.

No comments: