Friday, December 12, 2008

Take a Breath

I have this, this, and oh, this to do. In my mind I thought there were weeks to go to get holiday things completed. Then I looked at a calendar! What!!!?? If I get anything at all mailed I will have to do it by Monday, because the next week is Christmas week! Suddenly time is growing shorter! How? Wasn't it a month until Christmas? Oh, that was from Thanksgiving...

I have some cards mailed; I have a few others to do. I have Mama Nick and Aunt Ginny's gifts half-way ready to mail. I have Nate's gift ready to mail. There are two Sunday School parties Sunday afternoon. A casserole to make, and I always make brownies for the three city departments. Call Aunt Ginny. Call Mike. Paul talked to David last night and told him our stay-home-be-with-Amy plans, and he understood.

Yesterday afternoon I had to go home for R&R, not recreation, but rest. The Lyrica trial is over and I'm trying to get back to "normal." My normal. It's a process. I tried the med. It had side-effects I couldn't live with. After a nap and some soft Christmas music yesterday, I felt better.

I still haven't watched my Christmas movies: "It's a Wonderful Life," "National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation," "The Christmas Story." My choice of one of the three at this point: George Bailey.

It's a process.

No comments: