Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Happy Anniversary, Sweetheart!


Today is our 40th anniversary! Paul had the prettiest card waiting for me when I got up this morning. This is my "card" to him...

I posted our wedding picture several days ago. These are two of my favorite pictures of us "together," about a year before we married. We were sitting in his 1955 light green Ford car, where we took each other's picture. I think we had been to the lake at Mill Creek, Eastport, or somewhere around home (Iuka) that day where his cousin had put a boat in.

There have been so many things happen in our lives, as in every marriage - some things you think you won't survive, but you do. Some things you wish you could do over, but just try to do better the next time. So many things you wish could last longer - your child being little again, longer vacations, parents who didn't leave us so soon. So many blessings we count: the mother and other relatives who are still with us, the time we have together at day's end to catch up, the trips, the concessions we make for each other - give and take - the patience, deeper love and realization of how short 40 years really is and trying to honor each other more dearly, and know that because something didn't work out just like we thought it would, it isn't the end of the world! So much has worked out! He's my guide, my anchor, my helper, my stability when I would be too reactive. We have been very good for each other. God only knew how I needed Paul in my life and I thank Him every day.

Thank you, Paul. I love you. Happy Anniversary...

3 comments:

Wesley O. Davis said...

Happy Anniversary to both of you! You are both very special people and I am very thankful for the opportunity to have known both of you.

Kaye Butler said...

Happy Anniversary!!!!

Love the pictures!

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness! It's Amy with short hair!