Thursday, September 18, 2008

Storms

After I wrote yesterday, I thought about the beautiful ocean some more. It is also very powerful and I am not insensitive to the thousands of people who were affected by Gustav, Hanna, and Ike. There are still people without power in some states and I know our co-op has a crew that's been to Craighead County. So while there is beauty, there is power and I realize that God is in control of both. When the realty company person told me the beach was flat, there were no dunes, I thought that was the least of my worries. I like dunes and you expect to see them on the beach, but as long as it is safe to go and the water isn't lapping at the condo steps, I'm okay with it. That wide stretch of water - while it can be destructive - is also calming when the sun rises and sets over gentle waves and white caps.

God bless the people who have been displaced, have damaged property and are still waiting to go home. Our trip is scheduled for late October. It's just a step of faith that all will be well when we go there.

No comments: