Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Peace and Quiet

I had to close my door most of the way this afternoon - not quite all the way - not wanting to be "inhospitable." I had to concentrate on what I was doing and it isn't easy with other office noise going on. I'm fortunate that I can do that, and some others don't have that option. It's ironic that numbers, math, are not my strong point, yet that is what I do a lot of the time: numbers, math, payroll changes, employee benefits. I guess that is God's gentle but humorous way of helping me keep my mind sharp! At times, it doesn't feel so sharp when I hold the same piece of paper in front of me for the third of fourth time and wonder if I'm finished with it! But after talking to the real accountants in the office, that's not uncommon, which makes me feel somewhat better.

I should get ready for bed right this minute and just go. But CNN has programs on both Presidential candidates, biographical documentaries. I just don't know if I can make it to 10:00! I would rather have more peace and quiet.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Tomorrow is FRIDAY!!! :-)
Hang in there friend!!!