Sunday, August 03, 2008

It's Official!

I just talked to Beck and she has been given the green light to go back to work tomorrow!

"Are you packing your lunch and laying your clothes out for tomorrow?" I asked her.

"No, but I think I 'bout have my mind right," she said.

I know she's enjoyed the last few weeks especially - not having to wear her collar, being able to drive, and enjoy time with family. Adam and Stephanie were there and getting ready to go home, so we didn't talk long.

She was going to help me move back to my office tomorrow, but I told her I was already moved back and her place (notice I didn't say "space") is all cleaned up and ready to go. But I'd welcome her to help me rearrange and organize my office. I think my desk is set up to waste motion and I need to have things closer to me. There is not one more inch of room to put another current or used file, so I will be looking for things I can shred. ("Oh, I don't know what you're talking about. I have never seen that file!" Just kidding...)

I won't miss: Sorting the gazillion pieces of junk mail and magazines that come every day; making room reservations for 10-12 people; answering the phone.

I will miss: Seeing a lot of people I don't ordinarily see where my office is located; the wonderful copier/scanner/printer (I think I've grieved over that before, haven't I?); the way the days fly by when it is packed full of things to do.

So it seems I will miss more than I won't, which is a good thing, which means I did enjoy being in that office more than I realized on the first day, when I thought, "How can I do this and this?"

Well, so on to other things now. I'm glad you're back, Beck!! It won't be long till we can enjoy unlimited time off, you think??
Beck in the green, and her sister Trish, last Christmas.




No comments: