Tuesday, July 08, 2008

Wadkins? Watkins?

Sher called me this morning and wanted to know where our Wad(t)kins were from - before Glen, MS. "And is it with a T or a D?"

I don't know where they were from - Tennessee? Carolinas? I think it depended on who you talk to which way it is spelled. I honestly can't remember what is on the markers at Pleasant Hill! I probably have it in some genealogy file at home. With the perpetual question of T or D, I'm not sure it matters that much. I guess it depends on if it is your last name.

Her new base commander is Wadkins. Or Watkins. If I asked, I've already forgotten. She wanted to say something to him about our common ancestral name, but since we don't know remember how it's spelled, I'm not sure he would remember her for the right reasons!

And I'm sure the spelling matters to him!

No comments: