Monday, May 19, 2008

Little Things

Paul put the Mississippi State Bulldog cut-out in front of the house. This was a Christmas gift from Amy last year. I asked him where the Razorback was and he said he wasn't going to put them both out at the same time. "Take a picture of it for Amy," he said. So I posed him and Oscar with the Dawg. Amy, he is proud of it!!


Oscar and I did "portraits" one night last week. He's such a ham!



I've used all but about one application of the shampoo I got at Mama's. It was almost a whole bottle of Pantene with conditioner and it's taken almost nine months to use it. I imagine Mama at "Wal-Mart's" picking this up and putting it in her cart, checking it out, taking it home, using it just a few times. This very bottle. So now I'm reluctant, of course, to even throw the bottle away. I know it's probably silly, but maybe I won't...


Tara worked at the house Sunday and got quite a lot done. Her Pacifica was full to the roof with boxes she was taking home. She called me to come see if there was anything else I would like to have, so I went over. I got a straw hat and a knit hat of Teri's, the "Yellowjacket" umbrella I'd given her for a birthday I think in 2003 or 2004, a picture, some books, two plates, two rolls of NECCOs (our favorite candy on trips!), a clothes basket and two small lamps. Jean, Joy and Julia; Neall, Becca and Sol; and Tara's friend Natalie were there also. Natalie was helping her and I see that I need a Natalie to help me go through things! Maybe Sher and I can do that this weekend when she comes to visit. Just a little...
Last night was the last episode of "Cranford" on PBS. I've seen all 5 hours of it and it was really good. I'll miss going to their little village next Sunday night and will miss all the characters. Of course, it is available on DVD... I think Masterpiece Mystery starts next week.

I'm still battling this sinus stuff. I gave in and went to the clinic Saturday (no appointments, walk-ins only) but didn't have to wait terribly long. Another round of antibiotic, Singulair and continue the Loratadine. Something besides sinuses may be giving me a headache because I've had a bad one today. Maybe the medicine...

No comments: