Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Mama's Paintbrushes

These are the paintbrushes, cleaning/spattering brushes, and small tubes of paints that I salvaged from the bag I had put away in the bottom of the book closet. These are ones Mama actually used, held, and painted with.



Sometimes I think this is all I really intend to do: arrange memoribilia. It isn't messy, it takes up very little space and I don't have to expend a lot of energy taking the pictures and downloading them.

What I really want to do is: 1) retire; 2) play in paints (or keep pretending that I am); 3) read; 4) live in the country/have lots of space and solitary places to walk; 5) not feel so time-crunched (but #1 would take care of that).

Where does the time go when one is working? It goes on the paycheck, for which I am thankful. But paychecks do not buy time.

******************

Martha emailed me this morning and asked if we were "in" about going to Hawaii, in the fall. I'm pretty sure we won't. Paul and I have already talked about going to Gulf Shores: it is nearer, less expensive, less stressful; I wouldn't have to fly.

No comments: