Friday, January 11, 2008

Fast Week

After the "verge of greatness" on Tuesday, I have done one session of exercises. I'll step to the verge again soon. I really can tell a difference when I do the exercises. I have to do them because I have to go back!

This week the weather has been so strange: cold, hot, wet, tornadoes. Sher called last night and asked, "Did you want to know I'm okay?" I was glad she's okay because this has been an uncertain week at work for her. "No, I mean the tornadoes we've had here." I had not had the internet news on, nor the radio or TV news well, just about all day. Columbus had several homes destroyed. Her house is fine. She's had cell phone trouble and wondered if I'd tried to call and she can call out occasionally, so I'm glad she let me know before I heard it on the news.

Paul has been gone this week to a municipal league meeting in Little Rock. I've had two bachelor girl nights and it's been nice. But I really miss him. Last night I made two smallish pancakes and scrambled eggs for my supper and watched a movie I'd borrowed from Amy - "Housesitter" (Goldie Hawn, Steve Martin). Oscar wanted some of my supper, but I didn't break down and give him any bites. I didn't figure he needed maple syrup or eggs. Paul will be back sometime this afternoon. Haven't checked with anyone about eating out tonight.

Salinda's mom died Tuesday morning and the visitation/service is Saturday. I plan to go. She said it will be a simple service, one hour visitation and then the funeral. Burial will be back in Tishomingo. Salinda also had an aunt who passed away and was buried at Tish, (Toni Stephens) so this will be two trips to MS this week for her. The aunt was her mother's brother's wife. Aunt Grace Stephens Thorne, her mother, was my father's brother's wife.

I went to book club meeting Wednesday at noon at the college. Eight participants and discussed Snow Flower and the Secret Fan. Next month's book is Memory Keeper's Daughter. That night I went to Bible study that's just starting and there were over 20 there. (The book is Lord, I Want to Know You, Kay Arthur. Our leader told us to bring colored pencils and notebook paper next week. There wil be some "Precept" inductive study to this, but not nearly as in-depth as some of the other ones.

No comments: