Friday, November 02, 2007

Cabinets

Paul is painting our kitchen cabinets. That means as long as the kitchen is a wreck, I don't have to feel the least bit guilty about not cooking!

So far, they look great, and he's only done the framework. Doors will take longer as they have to be turned over for each of two coats.

About a month after I finished the valances, I was not exactly happy with the colors - especially the burgundy-ish color that should match the wall paint. The flowers in the curtain are a little too orange. So I may re-do the valances, or just leave the windows with blinds only. Some finishing touches around the (enclosed) furdown and hopefully a new table and chairs...

This weekend's project probably should be going through and discarding either by garbage or to workshop all those extra bowls, cups, nonessentials that have been stashed in the cabinets for years. Paul said he got two Wal-Mart bags of pot holders and dish towels from behind two of the small drawers beside the stove! Have I missed these things? Of course not.

He accidentally knocked the glass fish/hummingbird feeder Sher gave me off the top of the refrigerator. I told her about it and she said she could get me another one if I wanted it. I'd like to have one because as she said, "It's the nearest the 'rooster fish' I could find." Rooster fish being a colorful glass rooster we remembered from when we were kids. But if not, that's okay. I told her I had enjoyed it while I had it. "Things that used to upset us don't seem that important any more," she said. I agreed. And I'm working on it.

No comments: