Friday, November 02, 2007

The Monument

It's down to the last question I have for Shanda at the monument company - about the width of the stone. Then I'll fax her my approval of the lettering/wording, front and back, and send her a check for 50% of the cost of it. Then they can order it.

It will take about 6 weeks for delivery, and Steve can go with them to Pleasant Hill to be sure they set it in the right place. He'd already told Sher he'd do that, and I'll let him know when I actually order it.

This was difficult to start and after so many questions back and forth via phone and now email, I'm ready to have this done. We wanted it to be right, of course, and that's why I've taken so much time with it, questioning everything. The lady I first talked to is quite a talker and at times I could hardly get my questions out! The emailer is a little more to the point, but there are still some unanswered questions. Now the last question is about the base of the monument - just wanting to be sure it is included in the price. Oh, and that the width is what we last talked about.

No wonder Bonnie had Shanda email me. She's probably tired, too.

No comments: